This is your upgrade kit... if you already have a great Tornado Table, but you want to do an overhaul of it to get the "newest components that recently changed!" (Men, bumpers, bearing halves, handles & field trim)
13 black players (counterweighted w/ new foot shape)
13 yellow players (counterweighted w/ new foot shape)
16 rubber bumpers (wider than old bumpers)
32 bearing halves(thin wall, low profile)
4 black plastic handles (get rid of your worn wooden handles)
4 yellow plastic handles (these new handles are great)
2 pieces clear field trim (lower profile, super thin)
34 roll pins (same old pins - but always use new pins for snug fit on upgrades)
You'll be reusing your old bearing nuts, rods & balls!
Make sure you have tools (bearing wrench, pin punch & lube)
- 1) cover/protect playfield with "newspaper or cardboard or rags"
- 2) remove all rods from table (leave handle on rods)
- 3) remove bearing/bushing hex nuts and bearing halves
- 4) dump all men, pins, bumpers, bearing nuts, bearing halves in emergency spares box
- 5) remove table covering clean playfield (replace field trim if purchased) and recover playfield.
- 6) Install bearing nuts and halves
- 7) clean rods, lube rods, stage all 8 rods in correct location (shorter pair of 3hole rods are goalie rods!)
- 8) with rods lubed add "new BUMPERS & MEN where needed"! get all men & bumpers onto rods before attaching any with pins. (flat side of bumper against man, hole side facing sidewalls)
- 9) double check #men per rod, direction they are facing, if you purchased two of tune 10 kits.... you'll use best of 3 yellow and 3 black men and put then on your goalie 3-man rod! 2 bumpers on each rod, right?
- A) Get the men aligned with each of their corresponding rod hole... Pin Tool trick - tap in the pin tool... to
get perfect alignment of men to rod hole.. than rotate pin tool to 135deg or 225 deg (so not to hammer
180 deg straight down into playfield)... and keep pin tool in place as a guide... as you displace pin tool
with a roll pin and tap it into the rod hole securing each man. (hope that is clear)
WHEW... time consuming! Hope all your men are attached!!
- B) handle swap - if you got new ones... tap out he old pins.... remove handle, slide on new handle... align
with pin tool.. and tap in new pins.... and you are set!!